shreyas talpade's interview taken by me along with cameraperson darshan on the shoot of golmaal 3 at kandivli's big bazaar..
1. Iqbal is a marvelously acted and directed movie by you. Any thoughts of going in such role again?
Yup I would love to…. infact I remember that when I signed iqbal many of actor friends were surprised they were of the view that if am debuting as a lead than I should go with the script which is more conventional like a romantic comedy or something like that and of course not a script where the lead is a village boy and to addition is even deaf and dumb. But I was really determined to do it for an actor to get offered a role like Iqbal is just like challenging his own limitations and later those same actor friends were full of appreciations. So yes, definitely would go for such roles infact its not that am not trying really hunting for such roles.
2. U was earlier seen in movie named Raghu More – bachelor of hearts could you tell us the working experience before achieving stardom?
Ya ya every actor wants his her every project to work but sometimes it just does not workout. The phase of distribution and promotion was not carried away well with that movie so somewhere down the line it was pre assumed and expected that yaar yeh nahi chalegi. Infact we used jokingly say that ‘woh movie hawa ke thande jhonke ki tarah ayi aur toofan ki tarah chali gayi, Kisi ko pata bhi nahi chala’.
3. Except for the Iifa and Filmfare you have almost bagged all the awards how does it feel like?
It feels great when you are appreciated for your hard work and really waiting to hold that black lady in my hand.
Yes good luck you will surely get it very soon
He smiles and says “Hmmm touchwood.”
4. Getting into a sari for paying guests would have been a bit difficult but fun?
You know we always say that mulinna taiyar whayla itka vel ka lagto? Actress’s ka hamesha nakhra rehta hai. But when you yourself get into that part then you get to know about small small details the eyelashes, the eyeliner, the mascara just everything. Earlier in my school days I had played the roles of draupadi and sita in modern Mahabharat and Ramayana respectively. But I never actually wore a sari. For paying guest wearing a sari and to carry it was the most difficult and tricky part. You have to hold it up and run, one cannot sit like a boy i.e. spreading his leg so many limitations but the other fact is that the costumes automatically give u a feminine more demure feel… it was really fun and paying guest though being a comedy film I took my role pretty seriously
5. Never gave a second thought before taking up this role?
It was again a challenge for me. But now I wont take a lady role for next five years, nahitar lok mhantil are atta tar heroine chi kama karayla lagla. Earlier in Golmaal Returns also I have done a lady role but it was just a cameo of about 2 –3 minutes but this was a full-fledged role. So I thought lets give it a shot. If people like it its well and good. Earlier also many actors have done such roles and I m getting a chance to do it, let me also try but in a bit different way bringing a novelty factor to it with whatever capacity I can.
1. Iqbal is a marvelously acted and directed movie by you. Any thoughts of going in such role again?
Yup I would love to…. infact I remember that when I signed iqbal many of actor friends were surprised they were of the view that if am debuting as a lead than I should go with the script which is more conventional like a romantic comedy or something like that and of course not a script where the lead is a village boy and to addition is even deaf and dumb. But I was really determined to do it for an actor to get offered a role like Iqbal is just like challenging his own limitations and later those same actor friends were full of appreciations. So yes, definitely would go for such roles infact its not that am not trying really hunting for such roles.
2. U was earlier seen in movie named Raghu More – bachelor of hearts could you tell us the working experience before achieving stardom?
Ya ya every actor wants his her every project to work but sometimes it just does not workout. The phase of distribution and promotion was not carried away well with that movie so somewhere down the line it was pre assumed and expected that yaar yeh nahi chalegi. Infact we used jokingly say that ‘woh movie hawa ke thande jhonke ki tarah ayi aur toofan ki tarah chali gayi, Kisi ko pata bhi nahi chala’.
3. Except for the Iifa and Filmfare you have almost bagged all the awards how does it feel like?
It feels great when you are appreciated for your hard work and really waiting to hold that black lady in my hand.
Yes good luck you will surely get it very soon
He smiles and says “Hmmm touchwood.”
4. Getting into a sari for paying guests would have been a bit difficult but fun?
You know we always say that mulinna taiyar whayla itka vel ka lagto? Actress’s ka hamesha nakhra rehta hai. But when you yourself get into that part then you get to know about small small details the eyelashes, the eyeliner, the mascara just everything. Earlier in my school days I had played the roles of draupadi and sita in modern Mahabharat and Ramayana respectively. But I never actually wore a sari. For paying guest wearing a sari and to carry it was the most difficult and tricky part. You have to hold it up and run, one cannot sit like a boy i.e. spreading his leg so many limitations but the other fact is that the costumes automatically give u a feminine more demure feel… it was really fun and paying guest though being a comedy film I took my role pretty seriously
5. Never gave a second thought before taking up this role?
It was again a challenge for me. But now I wont take a lady role for next five years, nahitar lok mhantil are atta tar heroine chi kama karayla lagla. Earlier in Golmaal Returns also I have done a lady role but it was just a cameo of about 2 –3 minutes but this was a full-fledged role. So I thought lets give it a shot. If people like it its well and good. Earlier also many actors have done such roles and I m getting a chance to do it, let me also try but in a bit different way bringing a novelty factor to it with whatever capacity I can.
6. Any plans of producing a film after Sanai-Chowghade?
Plansss… plans are many but the main constraint is time. Whenever you are producing a film you are very well aware that you have your entire team working day and night on it. But that’s not enough it’s your core responsibility to be part of every thing that’s related to the film. Sanai Chowghade almost took my four months in which I was unable to do anything else and along with that it was tiring also to pack up on my shoot the come on the sets of Sanai Chowghade for story sittings, background scores, dubbing. It was really time consuming process. And for now we have short-listed few scripts but first and foremost I want to focus on my acting commitments and later I will take up other things. Probably next year, if the time permits.
7. Tell us something about your struggling to achieving stardom with iqbal?
I had initially started with theatre and serials. My actual struggling period was from 1995. but with theatre its very difficult or we can very rare for people to know or to become famous.tur- tur , all the bestare some of my theatre plays. We can say that 10 varsha ghasli tyanatar ek big break iqbal milala.in these 10 years there was a certain period when I was empty handed with zero work, I used to approach people but always a negative response.but after iqbal there was apna sapna money then om shanty om golmaal returns happened. It feels good when people initially don’t recognize you and later they start doing the same for your work. And I did not have any god father in the industry who will say yaar tu 12 fims flop dega toh 13 film me tere saath hi sign karunga.
8. art films or main stream cinema
well Im trying to be successful in and have a I perfect blend of both. Like in earlier days we used to have a shyam babu’s (shyam benegal) movie and manmohan babu’ (manmohan desai) movie. Be don’t have this trend because of the multiplex culture which brings so many different types movies to you. For example we can say tare zameen par. People are really bugged up of the stuff they already know andf they have seen that a hero fights, he dances, he is very poor still intelligent etc. they don’t need that ghisa pita story now. Today’s audience is hungry for a good concept a good story line some thing really different and they shower you with a overwhelming response. Once in while you give them a action movie like ghajini or comedy action like wanted they’ll surely enjoy. Audience is more sensible and smarter they want something with which they could relate to. So for now the subject is the king more than the stars.
9. after films like shwaa, harishchandrachi factory and natrang what is your opinion about marathi film industry?
Marathi film film industry is really seing its good days now. Even when I used to work in marathi movies earlier the scene was like we have to make the film and release it the marketing and publicity factor was always gulped down. That’s why inspite of having potential actors like lakshya kaka (lakshmikant berde) and ashok kaka ( ashok saraf) the film was unsuccessful in reaching the maximum audience. The subjects and scrits of marathi films has always been different no doubt but if you don’t generate any curiosity from your promos among the audience why would people see the film. marketing strategy lacked behind. Now when z has started making films they are very much taking care of its promotion and marketing like for example de dhakka, sade made teen. But the only thing that’s pinces me is we still have our sharukh khan of marathi industry,lakhya mama and ashok ji had seen the days of stardom but now the youth is different, even bhojpuri film industry has ravi kissan. But we cannot look up to some one and say yes he is the icon he is the rockstar
Plansss… plans are many but the main constraint is time. Whenever you are producing a film you are very well aware that you have your entire team working day and night on it. But that’s not enough it’s your core responsibility to be part of every thing that’s related to the film. Sanai Chowghade almost took my four months in which I was unable to do anything else and along with that it was tiring also to pack up on my shoot the come on the sets of Sanai Chowghade for story sittings, background scores, dubbing. It was really time consuming process. And for now we have short-listed few scripts but first and foremost I want to focus on my acting commitments and later I will take up other things. Probably next year, if the time permits.
7. Tell us something about your struggling to achieving stardom with iqbal?
I had initially started with theatre and serials. My actual struggling period was from 1995. but with theatre its very difficult or we can very rare for people to know or to become famous.tur- tur , all the bestare some of my theatre plays. We can say that 10 varsha ghasli tyanatar ek big break iqbal milala.in these 10 years there was a certain period when I was empty handed with zero work, I used to approach people but always a negative response.but after iqbal there was apna sapna money then om shanty om golmaal returns happened. It feels good when people initially don’t recognize you and later they start doing the same for your work. And I did not have any god father in the industry who will say yaar tu 12 fims flop dega toh 13 film me tere saath hi sign karunga.
8. art films or main stream cinema
well Im trying to be successful in and have a I perfect blend of both. Like in earlier days we used to have a shyam babu’s (shyam benegal) movie and manmohan babu’ (manmohan desai) movie. Be don’t have this trend because of the multiplex culture which brings so many different types movies to you. For example we can say tare zameen par. People are really bugged up of the stuff they already know andf they have seen that a hero fights, he dances, he is very poor still intelligent etc. they don’t need that ghisa pita story now. Today’s audience is hungry for a good concept a good story line some thing really different and they shower you with a overwhelming response. Once in while you give them a action movie like ghajini or comedy action like wanted they’ll surely enjoy. Audience is more sensible and smarter they want something with which they could relate to. So for now the subject is the king more than the stars.
9. after films like shwaa, harishchandrachi factory and natrang what is your opinion about marathi film industry?
Marathi film film industry is really seing its good days now. Even when I used to work in marathi movies earlier the scene was like we have to make the film and release it the marketing and publicity factor was always gulped down. That’s why inspite of having potential actors like lakshya kaka (lakshmikant berde) and ashok kaka ( ashok saraf) the film was unsuccessful in reaching the maximum audience. The subjects and scrits of marathi films has always been different no doubt but if you don’t generate any curiosity from your promos among the audience why would people see the film. marketing strategy lacked behind. Now when z has started making films they are very much taking care of its promotion and marketing like for example de dhakka, sade made teen. But the only thing that’s pinces me is we still have our sharukh khan of marathi industry,lakhya mama and ashok ji had seen the days of stardom but now the youth is different, even bhojpuri film industry has ravi kissan. But we cannot look up to some one and say yes he is the icon he is the rockstar
No comments:
Post a Comment